Did you know that if you put the wrong thing in a clear recycling sack, the whole lorry load may be rejected? And it costs MK Council taxpayers a million pounds a year! The most common things that shouldn’t go in clear sacks are:
- Food – in your green bin please
- Glass – blue boxes
- Electrical items, textiles, household goods – black sacks
- Nappies, baby wipes etc – black sacks
- Face coverings and PPE – black sacks
- Wet paper or card – black sacks
And if you use Eurobins, don’t put your black sacks in the recycling bin please!