Milton Keynes Liberal Democrats are proud to support the eight manifesto priorities for the May Local Council Elections.
- Reduce child poverty, because every child deserves a good start in life.
- Tackle unaffordable housing and homelessness, because everyone deserves a secure place to call home.
- Help our children and young people, so they can thrive through their lives.
- Fight for better health and social care, so that our residents have the support they need.
- Look after our neighbourhoods, so they are tidy, safe and places that residents of MK can be proud of.
- Create a carbon neutral Milton Keynes by 2030, so that we become a truly green city.
- Improve and innovate our public transport, so public transport becomes a real choice for residents.
- Rebuild the local economy and keep a balanced council budget, so that we have a stable recovery from COVID-19.
Vanessa McPake is standing as the Liberal Democrat candidate for the Monkston Ward. She has been a local campaigner for the Monkston Ward for over 15 years.
She is known as the person who “gets things done” and has helped many many residents get their issues solved. Vanessa, a retired trainer and business woman, campaigns to keep the local environment safe, clean and green for residents. She is also an active member of local bus and rail user groups.
As a grandparent, she is passionate about the facilities and services children and young people need. In her share time, she is a keen spectator of football and cricket.
- VANESSA MCPAKE works hard for our area all year round
- Vanessa has helped thousands of residents to resolve their problems.