The diversions round the Brinklow roundabout are set to change overnight on Thursday 15th April. The new road closures and diversions will then be in place 24 hrs a day until 25th April, and then 9.30-4.30 daily from 26th April until 1st May. The good news is that the roadworks will end then – a week earlier than expected.
The map below shows the open sections in blue and the closed sections in red. Where only 1 line is shown, the road is fully open.
The new road closures will be:
– the H8 Standing Way A421 will be closed from its junction with the H9 westbound to its junction with Tunbridge Grove
– the underpass at Wadhurst Lane will be open, as will the left turnings out from Waltham Drive and Tunbridge Grove
– to go south from Monkston or to get to Monkston from the south you will need to use the V10
– the V11 will be open past Monkston and Kingston, but going south you will have to turn east at the roundabout. There will be no U turns round the V11/H8 roundabout
– the Eastbound H8 will stay open
– the V11 will close from the H8 roundabout to the junction with Pondgate. The cross-over there will be open.
The number 8 bus will be diverted through Kingston, along the H8 to the H9 and then back to the V11, and return the same way.