There have been a number of burglaries and thefts from cars over the past few months in our area. The police are doing their best to catch the gang responsible and have been giving out advice to residents including:
- Keep doors/windows locked, even if you are only in the garden
- Keep valuables out of sight
- Keep house/car keys out of reach and sight of doors and windows
- Lock away ladders, garden tools etc that burglars could use to gain access to your home
- Mark your valuables using a UV marker pen
- And don’t leave your SatNavs in your car!
Don’t forget you can ring your neighbourhood police team on 101 for advice on how to keep safe. And you can get local crime alerts by signing up to www.thamesvalleyalert.co.uk